Friday, November 29, 2013

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Colossians, New International Version (NIV)
In America today is Thanksgiving Day. It's not my tradition but I can clearly see in the Bible that thanksgiving is something all of us Christians should do.

I wanted to dedicate this post to giving thanks. But in reality, for a long time, I have wanted to dedicate my life to giving thanks to God.

I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
Psalm 69:30
There are so many reasons why I just wouldn't be here, not be me, if it weren't for God and His divine intervention.

So many reasons why I wouldn't want to be here without God and His love.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Colossians 3, New International Version (NIV)
For some time allready I have wanted to make my life a beautiful sacrifice for Him.

Live my life for Him, in everything and everywhere, every moment of time.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
Psalm 107:8
To be able to say, it is not me but God, who works through me.

It is not for my own praise but always to exalt Him.
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Colossians 4,New International Version (NIV)
I may not be able to do incredible deeds, but the deeds I do. I want to dedicate to His glory.

It is hard and painful. How many times have I cried and felt I can't do it anymore.

But the most marvelous thing ever is to feel God on my side. To know He's there, no matter what happens, He will take care of it.

This also will pass.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1-3
New International Version (NIV)
It is not that I want to live for God. It is not that I need to live for God. It is that I cannot not do it.

There is nothing for me, if it is not with Him.
28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”
Hebrews 12, New International Version (NIV)

There is no new day, there is no morning. There is no nights rest and no sleep after tiring day.

For me, without Him, there is nothing.

And for this, for ever, I give thanks for Him.
I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.
Psalm 7:17

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post and pictures. It's good to give thanks to the Lord every day of our lives...

    ReplyDelete