Friday, April 4, 2014

Gospel Friday Countdown

I don't know exactly when I first heard Hillsong music.

I know that I was here in Ecuador and had prayed to find worship music, something that I could listen to in the car while driving from home to work and back.

Something that would speak to my sould, my mind and my heart.

Something that I could relate to and love.

Then I found a new Christian bookstore and there was one worship CD with music in English.

I grabbed it and bought it.

I had not really ever before heard about this Hillsong but I felt the CD was for me.

It must have been seven or eight years ago when I was not as internet addicted as I am now.

But when I finally googled Hillsong and started using Youtube and found what a globewide worship phenomena they were.

I could only thank God for knowing me and for giving me the gift of music, once again.

There are so many Hillsong groups in different countries, so many CDs and songs that I cannot really say which are the best.

But these six songs have spoken to my heart and they all are very dear to me.

6. Open My Eyes (Mighty to Save)



5. The Wonder Of Your Love (Faith, Hope, Love)


4. I Surrender (Cornerstone)


3. He Is Lord (This Is Our God)


2. How Great Is Our God (Mighty To Save)


1. Mighty To Save (Mighty To Save)



17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. These are such great songs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful music. I'm not into Christian music so much, but these are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving Hillsong's new album, The White Album. It's awesome! These sounds are great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the wonderful music. I sometimes entertain the idea of auditioning for the worship team at my church. I need songs to learn and practice. So this was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brings me back to when I was a child.. my mom always had Hillsong worship cds playing in the background. This one sticks with me the most, not sure why.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQaolD8FCwQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful song and great post, thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like some really great music! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not familiar with Hillsong, but I'm glad you were able to find the kind of music that wanted to hear when you needed it. That's interesting that there are various groups in different countries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing music I'm not familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful songs! Sometimes a great song can change everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Hillsong! We sing some of their songs at worship at church! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like listening to Hillsongs. They're inspirational. And listening to Gospel is motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The very first gospel/quote is really meaningful or maybe all of them but I really like the very first one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful quotes and messages, have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful post, and you know what is so interesting? I listened to a lot of worship music when my son was little, I wanted the music to be a positive influence. Now years later he just spontaneously starts singing it. Often making up his own very thoughtful words, showing me how deeply worship music can affect the soul.
    Thank you for playing when you could!, I always enjoy your contributions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing all of these wonderful songs. When I was in the Philippines, I used to be part of the church choir and I miss singing Gospel songs a lot. I miss those days and this just want to make me listen to some more songs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete