Monday, March 2, 2015

Simple Delicious Au Gratin Potatoes


I love potatoes, cheese and cream.

So what could possibly be better than put all these together!

This is a very simple au gratin potato recipe that my son also enjoys.

I like it even better with some garlic, so if your family enjoys garlic, don’t forget to add some to the recipe.

This classic French dish combines the creamy cheese sauce and the tender potatoes in to a deliciously addictive experience.

It's a great side dish with roast pork loin or beef tenderloin.

Add a green salad and fresh bread, and you have found the magic path to a man's heart.

Or at least I have found the magic path to my son’s stomach ;)

The three cheeses here are my favorites but experiment with different cheeses for variety.


Au Gratin Potatoes
(For four)


6 large potatoes, sliced into ¼ of inch slices
1 scallion, sliced into rings
2 cups of cream (or milk if you prefer)
2 table spoons of cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste (and garlic paste if you wish)
1 egg
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of parmesan cheese


1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Cut the potatoes into ¼ inch slices and put them to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.

2. Mix the cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper, egg and the scallion. (Also the garlic paste if you wish to add it.) Pour it over the potatoes.

3. Cover the potatoes with the shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.

4. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover the dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.


ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanna,
    This recipe takes me back to the wonderful Au Gratin Potatoes that my mother used to make. They were a family favorite. I am so delighted that you shared your healthy and delectable Au Gratin Potatoes recipe with us at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop! I’m pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete